Protected Registration is a premium service you can apply to many of the domain names you purchase or already registered with us. The service helps ensure that you retain registration of your domain name, regardless of expiration dates or attempts to transfer.
Domain names with protected registration will automatically renew. The renewal settings cannot be changed and the service cannot be canceled without the listed registrant submitting documentation.
With Protected Registration, you receive:
- Domain Name Ownership Protection. — Protects you from losing your domain name if you forget to renew it, or if we can’t charge your credit card. If you fail to renew your domain name, we hold it for up to one year. During that time, your domain name is in an inactive, protected status with a parked page. We do not keep your related services running if your domain name renewal lapses. To rescue the domain name during the protected status period, you must pay any renewal fees for your domain name and Protected Registration.
- Deadbolt Transfer Protection — Puts your domain name on lockdown, making it impossible for any inadvertent, accidental, or malicious transfer. Unlike regular domain name locking, which occurs at the registry level. Deadbolt Transfer Protection offers an even higher level of security — we lock your domain name in your account.
- Ownership Protection Reports. — Domain name status report and updates within your account to help you keep track of vital domain name information.
Before you purchase, ensure that the registrant contact for your domain name has a valid email address in the Whois database. You must have access to the registrant email address to make future changes to your domain name or Protected Registration service.
It is not available for some domain names. These are primarily country-code extensions (ccTLDs).
If your domain name with Protected Registration does not renew, we place it in an inactive, protected status for up to 12 months. This protected status keeps the domain name in your account. It is not active and its related services, such as hosting and email, do not function correctly until you renew the domain name.
To rescue the domain name from this inactive status, you must renew both the domain name and Protected Registration service for their standard renewal prices.
If you want to remove Protected Registration from your domain name,
Purchased more than 5 days ago
Before you can remove Protected Registration, you will need to enable two-step verification in your account. Once you enable it, you will need to wait 72 hours before you can cancel Protected Registration.
To cancel (after 72 hours):
- Log in to your Webdomainguru.com account.
- Next to Domains, click Manage.
- How you cancel Protected Registration will depend on the view of your account. You’ll need to either follow the instructions for Card View or List View below.